We understand there are a lot of issues that a chef faces in starting a food business. To help you overcome these hurdles, we'll be contributing links and other information to this section periodically for your use.
Kitchen Chicago has worked with and recommends the following companies and individuals.
- Plapp Insurance - Independent insurance contractors that we've found helpful in setting up business insurance. He's helped us and many of our clients, with consistent positive reviews.
- Schwartz Brothers Insurance - Andrew Allan has helped secure insurance for a number of our clients as well, also with positive reviews.
- Right Side Up Kitchens - Kitchen planning and design. We worked with Dave Eidenberg to design our Leavitt kitchen. He's been a great help, and we're happy with the results.
Kitchen Chicago has accounts with the following vendors, and we regularly open new accounts as needed. Our clients can order through us, and we often combine orders to meet minimum requirements for delivery. Contact us for more information.
- Chicago Game and Gourmet
- European Imports
- MT Foodservice
- Sustainable Foods
- Testa Produce
- United Natural Foods
- US Foodservice
- Shared Kitchen User Licensing in Chicago Fact Sheet - from the City of Chicago
- Illinois Restaurant Association - Information on classes for the Illinois Food Service Sanitation certification
- Foodservice Educational Seminars, Inc. - Another option for Food Service Sanitation certification classes.
- Sanitation Manager Certification Training Providers - City of Chicago's complete listing for the greater Chicago area.
- CTC Food Sanitation Courses - Locations in the Chicago suburbs
- Business Registration - Apply online to register your business with the Illinois Dept. of Revenue
- The Food Business Tool Kit - An ebook by a former KCer on getting your food business started